Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jack Gillis

Default Printing Lables

Word 2003
Brother HL1440 Printer or HP Photosmart.
Avery 5383 Labels

I set up a mail merge from Excel to print about 100 name tags. I wanted to
preview the print job on plain paper (8 1/2 X 11) before printing on the
actual label stock.

The paper tray had lots of paper but when I ran the print job, the printer
only printed the first page and then stopped. This is true for both the
Brother and the HP.

However if I started the print job and fed individual sheets in through the
manual slot on the Brother, the job completed properly. I am happy to say
the labels came out just as I expected.

I then set the label option up so that the paper source was the tray rather
than the manual slot. That didn't help. Only the first sheet was printed
again. It is curious to me that when I chose Print Preview, only the first
sheet is presented, not the whole job.

Anyway, is there a way to make the Brother finish the complete job from the
tray so that I don't have to feed all the sheets in through the manual slot?

Thank you very much.

Lables not printing correctly MarieB Microsoft Word Help 4 May 14th 07 02:27 PM
duplex printing on Xerox Fiery X12 (DocuColor 12) penciline Microsoft Word Help 3 January 29th 06 09:36 PM
Lables printing VictorGr Mailmerge 1 July 5th 05 02:01 PM
Mail Merge Lables slackin Mailmerge 2 April 20th 05 04:37 PM
printing a sheet of lables using all different addresses Bjo New Users 1 December 17th 04 04:50 AM