Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jersey Girl Jersey Girl is offline

Default Blank Spaces in Word

I'm using Word 2003 and I'm working on a 50 page document No headers or
footers, just a few different styles and sections breaks.

I'm now on my second to last page and for some reason when I reach the end
of the page I'm working on my cursor jumps to the middle of the next page
instead of at the top of the margin. I took out all section breaks, cleared
all formating and checked for any additioanl formatting but nothing I seems
to get my cursor back at the top. It's as if a huge white text box is
blocking it. I'm sure I'm missing something does...anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't discount the possibility that there could be a big white box anchored
to the footer. This will certainly be easier to see if you display text
boundaries (Tools | Options | View), and you'll be able to access it with
View | Header and Footer.

"Jersey Girl" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 and I'm working on a 50 page document No headers or
footers, just a few different styles and sections breaks.

I'm now on my second to last page and for some reason when I reach the end
of the page I'm working on my cursor jumps to the middle of the next page
instead of at the top of the margin. I took out all section breaks,

cleared
all formating and checked for any additioanl formatting but nothing I

seems
to get my cursor back at the top. It's as if a huge white text box is
blocking it. I'm sure I'm missing something does...anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jersey Girl Jersey Girl is offline

Thank you so much, well that seems to be it, a text boundary. I tried to
remove it by sliding the side ruler up while in header/ footer view and the
text did move up a bit but not all the way and now the text on all my
this?

Thanks again.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The text boundaries just show you where things are; they aren't things in
themselves. If you see a dotted line border, it could be that there is a
text box (no line, no fill) in that position; if you click on the line to
select the text box, you should see a hashed border. But it's also possible,
judging from your description, that your footer margin is larger than the
bottom margin. In Word 2003 the header and footer margins are set on the
Layout tab of Page Setup.

"Jersey Girl" wrote in message
Thank you so much, well that seems to be it, a text boundary. I tried to
remove it by sliding the side ruler up while in header/ footer view and

the
text did move up a bit but not all the way and now the text on all my

delete
this?

Thanks again.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Don't discount the possibility that there could be a big white box

anchored
to the footer. This will certainly be easier to see if you display text
boundaries (Tools | Options | View), and you'll be able to access it

with
View | Header and Footer.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jersey Girl" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 and I'm working on a 50 page document No headers

or
footers, just a few different styles and sections breaks.

I'm now on my second to last page and for some reason when I reach the

end
of the page I'm working on my cursor jumps to the middle of the next

page
instead of at the top of the margin. I took out all section breaks,

cleared
all formating and checked for any additioanl formatting but nothing I

seems
to get my cursor back at the top. It's as if a huge white text box is
blocking it. I'm sure I'm missing something does...anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jersey Girl Jersey Girl is offline

Yes, I think it is the footer and hearder margins. After I finish this
project I'll have to play around with this to prevent it from being a problem
again. Thank you so much you've been very helpful.

Blank Spaces uriahheep Mailmerge 3 December 7th 06 05:15 PM
Word XP How do you Suppress Blank Spaces in a Mail Merge jamaedu Mailmerge 1 September 27th 05 06:00 AM
How do I delete blank spaces in word? DanielVillatoro Microsoft Word Help 7 September 13th 05 01:06 AM
Blank spaces between tables in word Sal F Tables 1 March 8th 05 07:29 PM
Blank spaces between rows Hélène Tables 9 February 1st 05 04:44 AM