Larry

Default Style problems

I created a style (bulleted, 11 point font). But now, everytime I hit the
bullet button it defaults to the style. I want the bullet button to make
just a simple bullet list, and use the style only when I select it.

I have also tried to delete the style but it keeps coming back.

Any solutions?
Stefan Blom

Choose FormatBullets and Numbering. Click the Bulleted tab. You'll
notice that one of the bullet formats includes the name of your custom
style. It has become part of a customized bullet template (similar to
the preset templates for heading numbering on the Outline tab of the
dialog), which explains why it can be recreated by Word.

But why does the Bullet button cause your custom style to be
recreated? Simply because the Bullet button applies the most recently
used bullet format. (The Numbering button does the same for number
formats.)

You can restore Word's preset bullet formats by clicking on each of
the seven bullet formats and pressing the Reset button. (You may want
to repeat this procedure for the Numbered and Outline Numbered tabs as
well.)

The best way to get control over bullet formatting is to avoid the
Bullet button and instead always apply it by using styles. You can
quickly bullet text by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+L, which actually applies
the built-in List Bullet style. You can modify this style as needed.
For more, see:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html.

--
Stefan Blom