Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barbara32ca barbara32ca is offline

Default Font Preview missing

How do I enable/add the font preview feature in the drop down font menu for
Word 2002 ?

Is there something that I can download that will add this feature?

A virus wiped out all of my personal settings a few weeks ago. Since my
system was backed up just prior to the loss, almost everything was able to be
restored .One of the functions that isn't available is the 'font preview". It
was there before but now it's gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barbara32ca barbara32ca is offline

Thank you Suzanne,
It appears that I have Word 97 not Worrd 2002. This option isn't available
to me.

The only options available when I go to Tools | Customize | Options:
are - Large Icons
- show screen tips on toolbars and
- show shortcut keys in screen tips.

Thank you ,
Barbara

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Customize | Options: "Show font names in their font."

http://word.mvps.org

"barbara32ca" wrote in message
How do I enable/add the font preview feature in the drop down font menu
for
Word 2002 ?

Is there something that I can download that will add this feature?

A virus wiped out all of my personal settings a few weeks ago. Since my
system was backed up just prior to the loss, almost everything was able to
be
restored .One of the functions that isn't available is the 'font preview".
It
was there before but now it's gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

AFAIAA, you cannot turn the option off in Word 2007. The Format Font always
displays the font. And I don't think you have Word 2007 because Tools,
Customise does not exist in Word 2007.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Customize | Options: "Show font names in their font."

http://word.mvps.org

"barbara32ca" wrote in message
How do I enable/add the font preview feature in the drop down font menu
for
Word 2002 ?

Is there something that I can download that will add this feature?

A virus wiped out all of my personal settings a few weeks ago. Since my
system was backed up just prior to the loss, almost everything was able
be
restored .One of the functions that isn't available is the 'font
preview".
It
was there before but now it's gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barbara32ca barbara32ca is offline

Thank you for your help, I got it figured out. I installed Word 2004 and the
problem corrected itself.

Barbara

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Customize | Options: "Show font names in their font."

http://word.mvps.org

"barbara32ca" wrote in message
How do I enable/add the font preview feature in the drop down font
menu
for
Word 2002 ?

Is there something that I can download that will add this feature?

A virus wiped out all of my personal settings a few weeks ago. Since
my
system was backed up just prior to the loss, almost everything was
able to
be
restored .One of the functions that isn't available is the 'font
preview".
It
was there before but now it's gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barbara32ca barbara32ca is offline

I have Microsoft Works Suite and one of the components is Word. I had wrongly
assumed that it was Word 2004 but it looks like Word 2002.
I guess it would be hard for someone to answer my question if I can't even
get the version right ! LOL! Sorry and thank you for your assistance ! :-)

Barbara

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, Works Suite [various years] contained Word 2002, the last version of
Word that was included in Works Suite, and the suite itself is no longer
being sold.

http://word.mvps.org

"barbara32ca" wrote in message
I have Microsoft Works Suite and one of the components is Word. I had
wrongly
assumed that it was Word 2004 but it looks like Word 2002.
I guess it would be hard for someone to answer my question if I can't even
get the version right ! LOL! Sorry and thank you for your assistance !
:-)

Barbara