Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sjb

Default Generating shortcut

Hello,
I'd like to assign a Shortcut key on my keyboard [Microsoft Digital Media
Pro] to the MS Word, but in the Woird's property sheet the Target Location is
non-existent and the Target is greyed out.
What is solution?
Thank you
sjb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

What's the shortcut you're trying to create?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sjb" wrote in message
Hello,
I'd like to assign a Shortcut key on my keyboard [Microsoft Digital Media
Pro] to the MS Word, but in the Woird's property sheet the Target Location
is
non-existent and the Target is greyed out.
What is solution?
Thank you
sjb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For reasons unknown, the desktop shortcuts created at installation can't be
modified (even to create a keyboard shortcut), so you'll need to create your
own desktop shortcut first. Use Windows Search to find Winword.exe (you'll
probably have to tell Windows to include hidden files and folders in the
search). When you find it, right-click and choose Create Shortcut. Drag the
shortcut to your desktop. Then you can modify its Properties.