Word 2003 vs Word 2000 text files

Old November 23rd 04, 04:19 PM

Default Word 2003 vs Word 2000 text files

Are you really getting an "error message" or just a message box saying, "Do
you really want to do this?" If it's the latter, just say yes. This is a
security issue. See “You receive a security warning message when you open or
when you save a document in Word 2002” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840662

"Eric" wrote in message
Hi,

I have been using Word 2000 and saving files as "TEXT ONLY" .

How do I use Word 2003 and Save files like the 2000 format?

I have tried using Plain Text in Word 2003 and I get error messages from

my
program that use the older format from 2000.

What is the difference and how do I resolve the problem?

Thanks

Old November 23rd 04, 05:07 PM
Eric

I am getting an error message from a program that use the "Text Only" format
from Word 2000. I would like to be able to save in the same format so the
program will work.

Thanks
Eric

Old November 23rd 04, 06:09 PM

Did you look at the referenced KB article?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you really getting an "error message" or just a message box saying,

"Do
you really want to do this?" If it's the latter, just say yes. This is a
security issue. See “You receive a security warning message when you

open or
when you save a document in Word 2002” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840662

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old November 23rd 04, 08:19 PM
Eric

The article you referenced was for "Word 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix
package for Microsoft Word 2002" I am using Microsoft Word 2003.

Any suggestions?

Old November 23rd 04, 09:29 PM
Eric

Suzanne,

I am not getting error messages from Word. Word is working fine. I am
getting error messages from a program I had writen and uses "Text Only" files
from Word 2000. Word 2003 doesn't seem to store the file in the same format
as Word 2003. I was wondering if there was a way, without throwing out Word
2003, of getting the same format Word 2000 uses.

Thanks

Old November 24th 04, 01:26 AM

Word 2003 offers several text formats. I can only suggest that you
experiment with different ones till you find one that works. Or rewrite the
program. But for much better advice, you would do better to post in one of
the word.vba NGs, where the developers hang out, instead of in this end user
NG.