Blair

Default Paragraph marks and spacing dots

How do I get rid of spacing dots and other guidance marks on MS word?
Blair

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

"Blair" wrote in message
How do I get rid of spacing dots and other guidance marks on MS word?
Blair

Blair

Thanks for you help. It worked OK
Although I did not want to get rid of the dots etc I did so to inform my
friend who wanted rid of them.
I informed him but when he selected Tools/Options he didn't have a heading
Nonprinting characters
Is it possible that MS Word is at a different issue?
Blair

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Blair" wrote in message
How do I get rid of spacing dots and other guidance marks on MS word?
Blair

Jay Freedman

Yes, at least since Word 2000 the heading of that section in Tools
Options View has been "Formatting marks". But didn't your friend
recognize the labels on the check boxes, such as "Tab characters",
"Spaces", and "Paragraph marks"?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman