Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dissertationwriter dissertationwriter is offline

Default how do I stop document map showing captions?

Please help. My word document map is showing all my figures (captions) and
other bits of the document, such as bullets! I can't work out how to reset
the document map so it only shows headings. It was fine and listed only
headings but for some reason recently changed.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Document Map will show any paragraph or style that has an outline level
other than Body Text. Check the formatting of your captions and bulleted
lists to make sure that the outline level of Body Text.

"dissertationwriter" wrote in
message ...
Please help. My word document map is showing all my figures (captions)

and
other bits of the document, such as bullets! I can't work out how to reset
the document map so it only shows headings. It was fine and listed only
headings but for some reason recently changed.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See here for some tips on following Suzanne's advice:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/DocumentMap.htm

As a dissertation writer, this link might have useful advice:
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/