Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lee Reston Lee Reston is offline

Default The first file in 3 of my directories became corrupted and useless

What causes Word 2003 files to become corrupt? It's the first file in my
directories.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

They're Texan Republicans?

"Lee Reston" Lee wrote in message
What causes Word 2003 files to become corrupt? It's the first file in my
directories.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Lee,

As you can change the view order of files listed in File=Open by clicking on the column headings in that dialog the order of the
files listing may not be significant. Files can become corrupted from several causes, including working directly on diskettes,
Office or your computer shutting down during editing, or just a 'glitch' now and then. It's also possible that there is damage to
the directories that Windows uses on your hard drive).

It's also possible that the files aren't corrupted but that something is interfering in the use of MS Word.

With Word closed, find and recycle all temporary files found with Start=Search and use the search string
~$*.*;*.tmp
then restart your computer and Word and use File=Open to open one of the files to see if you get the same problem.

What is the error you are getting and what version of Word and Windows? Are these new files or ????

========
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's quite possible that the first file in these folders *is* a temp file
(leftover owner file).

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...