Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John SBA John SBA is offline

Default Ghosting (watermarking) a sentence in word 2007.

I saw it done and I want to do it but I can not figure it out. Can someone
tell me how to make a sentence or phrase semi transparent in a word 2007
document.

I tried watermark and it does not allow me to format the size and define the
placement such as appling it to a sentence or phrase in the document.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What you probably saw was either creatiive formatting using attributes such
as Embossed, Outline, etc. used either singly or in combination - perhaps
with font color changed, or may possibly have been WordArt. Another way
could be by using a text box.

Many people develop creativity by learning about the features of the program
& experimenting with what they learn, but there is no "semi-transparent"
setting for normal text in Word.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"John SBA" wrote in message
I saw it done and I want to do it but I can not figure it out. Can someone
tell me how to make a sentence or phrase semi transparent in a word 2007
document.

I tried watermark and it does not allow me to format the size and define
the
placement such as appling it to a sentence or phrase in the document.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If Word 2007 organizes its watermark function the same way as 2003 (life if
too short for messing with beta software) then the size and placement are
both editable. All a printed watermark is is a Word Art graphic placed in
the document header view. You can edit it to some extent from the insert
watermark dialog, or you can select and edit it directly from the header
view by using the white pointer on the drawing toolbar - all of which I am
sure will have been retained.

John SBA wrote:
I saw it done and I want to do it but I can not figure it out. Can
someone tell me how to make a sentence or phrase semi transparent in
a word 2007 document.

I tried watermark and it does not allow me to format the size and
define the placement such as appling it to a sentence or phrase in
the document.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John SBA John SBA is offline

Thanks for the replies. I asked my son how he did it and it was using other
creative assets in word...I just missed that part. He had a teacher that
made him an expert in the art of office. I finally reached him and got my
education ..but the points made here will help me so Thanks!