Marlin

Default Problems With Merge

Good Day Everyone.

Have a problem with mail merge and hoped someone out there can help.
Driving me nuts!

Using Excel spreadsheet as data file, numbers that are formatted to round to
2 decimal places merge into word without rounding. Example - 1.20 merges in
as 1.19873364456532333 etc.

Cannot figure out how to get the rounded number merged in. ANY help is
appreciated. Please respond to Thanks!

Marlin
Doug Robbins

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Marlin" wrote in message
Good Day Everyone.

Have a problem with mail merge and hoped someone out there can help.
Driving me nuts!

Using Excel spreadsheet as data file, numbers that are formatted to round
2 decimal places merge into word without rounding. Example - 1.20 merges
in
as 1.19873364456532333 etc.

Cannot figure out how to get the rounded number merged in. ANY help is
appreciated. Please respond to Thanks!

Marlin

pdjpirate

Outstanding Doug! I had been experiencing this problem as well. To compound
it, this problem was holding up about $47,000 in billing! But not any more!!!

Unfortunately, I cannot share any with you for your services, it happens to
belong to the tax payers of this great land. Look at it this way, you just
did your civic duty for the week!

Thanks again! All the best!

pdjpirate

"Marlin" wrote in message
Good Day Everyone.

Have a problem with mail merge and hoped someone out there can help.
Driving me nuts!

Using Excel spreadsheet as data file, numbers that are formatted to round
2 decimal places merge into word without rounding. Example - 1.20 merges
in
as 1.19873364456532333 etc.

Cannot figure out how to get the rounded number merged in. ANY help is
appreciated. Please respond to Thanks!

Marlin

Doug Robbins

Not sure to what "great land" you are refering, but almost certainly, it is
not one from which I receive any benefits.

Seeking benefits however is not the reason I am here and as far as I am
concerned, this community is not restricted to any one land, great or small.