david_

Default footer "same as previous" not working in Word 97

simple 6 page document composed in Word97
It came from an OCR so there may be some tiny frames lurking around
but otherwize a plain document
I've put secton breaks in as suggested by help but the "same as previous
icon" remains greyed out

cut and paste the lot into a new document - no change
Doug Robbins

Why do you need the Section breaks in a "simple 6 page document"?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"david_" wrote in message
simple 6 page document composed in Word97
It came from an OCR so there may be some tiny frames lurking around
but otherwize a plain document
I've put secton breaks in as suggested by help but the "same as previous
icon" remains greyed out

cut and paste the lot into a new document - no change

david_

I'd already put in the section breaks
but what I also needed to get it started was to go to page setup from the
header and footer page and select first page is different
and then select apply to: "this point forward"

so its a curiosity but I have it fixed now thanks

perhaps It's not wuite like this, I might get a real test of the problem
later
david_

Ah-ha now I have the real answer
a footer is in the section of the header and ignores section beaks between
the header and the footer on the same page