Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
salbie salbie is offline

Default Same as previous (in header /footer) not working within section?

I have 'same as previous' applied within different sections of my document,
but changes to the header/footer within a particular section are not being
applied to other pages within the same section. Or sometimes changes in one
section are being applied to another section (even though 'same as previous'
is not applied.

Much of the header/footer information is auto-populated from document
properties, I don't know if this is what is causing the issue.

I have tried creating the document from scratch.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The header and footer belong to the section at the top of the page. If you
have section breaks within the page, the header and footer associated with
the new sections don't take effect till the next page. If you have a
StyleRef field in the header or footer, it can show different content on
every page.

"salbie" wrote in message
I have 'same as previous' applied within different sections of my

document,
but changes to the header/footer within a particular section are not being
applied to other pages within the same section. Or sometimes changes in

one
section are being applied to another section (even though 'same as

previous'
is not applied.

Much of the header/footer information is auto-populated from document
properties, I don't know if this is what is causing the issue.

I have tried creating the document from scratch.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In addition to what Suzanne has said, also note that each section might
have up to three different headers (and footers); this occurs when
"Different odd and even" and "Different first page" are both checked in
File | Page Setup (applies to Word 97/2000/2002/2003). Each type of
header (footer) must be unlinked separately.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The header and footer belong to the section at the top of the page. If

you
have section breaks within the page, the header and footer associated

with
the new sections don't take effect till the next page. If you have a
StyleRef field in the header or footer, it can show different content

on
every page.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"salbie" wrote in message
I have 'same as previous' applied within different sections of my

document,
but changes to the header/footer within a particular section are not

being
applied to other pages within the same section. Or sometimes changes

in
one
section are being applied to another section (even though 'same as

previous'
is not applied.

Much of the header/footer information is auto-populated from

document
properties, I don't know if this is what is causing the issue.

I have tried creating the document from scratch.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
salbie salbie is offline

Default Same as previous (in header /footer) not working within sectio

That was it, thanks for all suggestions!

"salbie" wrote in message
I have 'same as previous' applied within different sections of my

document,
but changes to the header/footer within a particular section are not

being
applied to other pages within the same section. Or sometimes changes

in
one
section are being applied to another section (even though 'same as

previous'
is not applied.

Much of the header/footer information is auto-populated from

document
properties, I don't know if this is what is causing the issue.

I have tried creating the document from scratch.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad I could help.

For more information on headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP