Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rick F Rick F is offline

Default Page orientation

I am trying to print a batch of custom invitations on a 5x8 sheet of vellum
paper,
I have selected:
Page setup

Margins Tab
left/right margins of .5 top margin of 1.5, bottom margin of .46 zero
gutter and Top gutter position. Orientation button is set to Portrait,
Multiple pages is Normal preview is Apply to whole document,

Paper Tab
Paper Size: Index Card (5x8 in.)
Paper Source: Default tray
Preview: apply to: Whole Document

Layout Tab
Section Start: New Page
Headers and Footers
Niether box is checked
From Edge: Header .05
Footer 0.0
Page
Vertical Alignment: Bottom

Preview apply to: Whole Document.

Print Preview shows selected Portait and correct print size. but whenever I
print, the document is printing Landscape orientated and about half the print
size selected.
Yesterday I printed this out and everything worked ok but today I opened
file to print the invitations and it problem existed.
ANY Help would be greatly appreciated since I have a 10 AM deadline and I
have already spent several hours trying to get this to print correctly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Bottom is unusual for vertical alignment (Top would be normal). Did you have
a specific reason for choosing that? Especially given the 0" footer and
bottom margin of 0.46" (which may be pushing the boundaries of some
printers), it's worth looking into, though I don't see how it would affect
what's going on. That is more likely to be an incorrect setting in the
printer Properties; this sounds like what you would get if you had Word's
Print dialog set to "2 pages per sheet," so look for a similar setting in
the printer Properties.

"Rick F" Rick wrote in message
news
I am trying to print a batch of custom invitations on a 5x8 sheet of

vellum
paper,
I have selected:
Page setup

Margins Tab
left/right margins of .5 top margin of 1.5, bottom margin of .46

zero
gutter and Top gutter position. Orientation button is set to Portrait,
Multiple pages is Normal preview is Apply to whole document,

Paper Tab
Paper Size: Index Card (5x8 in.)
Paper Source: Default tray
Preview: apply to: Whole Document