Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
grandad o grandad o is offline

Default how can work on lotus word pro document in microsoft word

we bought a new computer,but loaded lotus words documents onto it from our
old one. we can access the documents, but can't work on them, because we
only have microsoft word in our microsoft xp package. we tried to load a
lotus 123 disc that we purchased on line, but the computer will not accept
it. how can we work on the lotus word perfect documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Lotus 123 is not the same as Word Perfect. Which are you trying to open in
Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"grandad o" grandad wrote in message
news
we bought a new computer,but loaded lotus words documents onto it from our
old one. we can access the documents, but can't work on them, because we
only have microsoft word in our microsoft xp package. we tried to load a
lotus 123 disc that we purchased on line, but the computer will not accept
it. how can we work on the lotus word perfect documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
grandad o grandad o is offline

Thank you JoAnn. The material is in WordPro. I think that was the Lotus
Word Processing software package

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Lotus 123 is not the same as Word Perfect. Which are you trying to open in
Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"grandad o" grandad wrote in message
news
we bought a new computer,but loaded lotus words documents onto it from our
old one. we can access the documents, but can't work on them, because we
only have microsoft word in our microsoft xp package. we tried to load a
lotus 123 disc that we purchased on line, but the computer will not accept
it. how can we work on the lotus word perfect documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's a completely different critter.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WordProConverter.htm

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Why can't you use your WordPro disks/CD to install the program onto your
new computer? Word has never been able to open native-format WordPro
(.lwp) files. You can download and install the Lotus KeyView program by
visiting ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/product/smartsuite/ and
clicking on KVLOTUS.EXE. Lotus KeyView is a free viewer that will let
you open Lotus SmartSuite files (WordPro, 1-2-3, and Freelance Graphics)
and then copy and paste to Word or other applications.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Lotus 123 is not the same as Word Perfect. Which are you trying to open in
Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"grandad o" grandad wrote in message
news
we bought a new computer,but loaded lotus words documents onto it from our
old one. we can access the documents, but can't work on them, because we
only have microsoft word in our microsoft xp package. we tried to load a
lotus 123 disc that we purchased on line, but the computer will not accept
it. how can we work on the lotus word perfect documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The first link in that linked page is no longer valid
http://www.dataviz.com/products/conv...lus/index.html still works and
is the only converter I know of for Word Pro (Ami Pro files can be converted
with the converter from my web site)

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Lotus 123 is not the same as Word Perfect. Which are you trying to
open in
Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"grandad o" grandad wrote in message
news we bought a new computer,but loaded lotus words documents onto it
from our
old one. we can access the documents, but can't work on them,
because we
only have microsoft word in our microsoft xp package. we tried to
load a
lotus 123 disc that we purchased on line, but the computer will not
accept
it. how can we work on the lotus word perfect documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I have to admit that I didn't check the links. I made the ever-popular
mistake of...........assuming.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Lotus 123 is not the same as Word Perfect. Which are you trying to
open in
Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"grandad o" grandad wrote in message
news we bought a new computer,but loaded lotus words documents onto it
from our
old one. we can access the documents, but can't work on them,
because we
only have microsoft word in our microsoft xp package. we tried to
load a
lotus 123 disc that we purchased on line, but the computer will not
accept
it. how can we work on the lotus word perfect documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's a very good thing. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Lotus 123 is not the same as Word Perfect. Which are you trying to
open in
Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"grandad o" grandad wrote in message
news we bought a new computer,but loaded lotus words documents onto it
from our
old one. we can access the documents, but can't work on them,
because we
only have microsoft word in our microsoft xp package. we tried
to load a
lotus 123 disc that we purchased on line, but the computer will
not accept
it. how can we work on the lotus word perfect documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
grandad o grandad o is offline

This was the answer. I have opened all items in word pro except one. That
had somehow been shown to have been worked on since we first loded the file
onto our new computer. Thank you all.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Lotus 123 is not the same as Word Perfect. Which are you trying to open in
Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"grandad o" grandad wrote in message
news
we bought a new computer,but loaded lotus words documents onto it from our
old one. we can access the documents, but can't work on them, because we
only have microsoft word in our microsoft xp package. we tried to load a
lotus 123 disc that we purchased on line, but the computer will not accept
it. how can we work on the lotus word perfect documents?

Is there something like wordperfect "variables" in microsoft word? Alebenco Microsoft Word Help 2 June 6th 06 04:18 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Hebrew Suggestions Dannyza Microsoft Word Help 2 November 21st 05 06:12 AM