Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mindwrker Mindwrker is offline

Default Mysterious line

I have discovered a mysterious line that appeared mid-document and continues
to the end. It is in the footer area at the bottom of the page. I clicked
on Header/footer and tried to remove it, but nothing happens. I checked to
see if the underline key had any effect, it didn't. I don't know where this
line came from or how to remove it. I've seen it at the bottom of pages of
some books.
Can someone please shed some light on this for me?
Please send help to mindwrker@yahoocom.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I expect it has been set using Borders and Shading so that it is a paragraph
attribute. Open a footer for editing and select it: go to Format, Borders
and Shading and click on the NONE box.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP