Jimmy Clay

Default Using digital recorders and "speech to text" software with Word

I was think about buying a digital recorder and then using a "speech to
text" software, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, to transcribe my
recording to Word.

Does this work very well? I'm just wonder how many people have tried it and
how successful they've been. Thanks.

--

Jimmy Clay

Read free ebooks !!!!!
Go to my web page:
http://thesongofthecoyote.tripod.com/

TF

I've never seen it tried with Dragon, but you can definitely get packages
that do just that such as Big Hand for instance. I don't really see a
problem with it but the audio quality needs to be really good. Voice
Recognition software (including Dragon) needs to be trained to recognise
your voice. If you train it using a decent digital microphone and then
expect it to still recognise your voice from a digital recorder, it may not
work too well unless the recorder is very good quality.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: Does this work very well? I'm just wonder how many people have tried it
and
: how successful they've been. Thanks.
:
: --