Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob

Default Toggle documents in Word 2002

Up until a couple days ago, I've always been able to toggle back and forth
between my alphabetical movie index and my numerical index while editing.
Now, for some reason, that option seems to have eluded me and since it has
always been there until now, I don't know where the settings are that
restore it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Billybob,

Up until a couple days ago, I've always been able to toggle back and forth
between my alphabetical movie index and my numerical index while editing.
Now, for some reason, that option seems to have eluded me and since it has
always been there until now, I don't know where the settings are that
restore it.

Unfortunately, we can't look over you shoulder...

Could you please tell us which version of Word you have, and describe, in as
much detail as you can, how you were always able to toggle between the index
listings? (Which menu commands or toolbars did you use)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob

Thank you Cindy!

Windows XP Home
Word 2002

I used to open 2 documents in Word at the same time using the "open"
command. One would minimize while the other would maximize from the lower
left corner, depending on which one I clicked on. I believe that there was
always 2 sets of minimize/maximize/close on screen in the upper right
corner, but the option of the lower one is missing now. I must have changed
a setting somewhere????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Billybob,

Windows XP Home
Word 2002

I used to open 2 documents in Word at the same time using the "open"
command. One would minimize while the other would maximize from the lower
left corner, depending on which one I clicked on. I believe that there was
always 2 sets of minimize/maximize/close on screen in the upper right
corner, but the option of the lower one is missing now. I must have changed
a setting somewhere????

Well, Word 2002 "can't" open as you describe. Each document will open in its
own Word window, and be available on the Windows task bar. You can switch by
clicking in the taskbar, or press Alt+Tab, or use the Window menu.

What you describe sounds more like Word 2000 and earlier. There's an Addin
from Romke Soldaat (I think you can find it on word.mvps.org) that will do
its best to mimic that behavior. Is it possible you were using that, and it's
not running any more? Or have I misunderstood?