Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oe

Default Labels

I have set up a template for address labels in Word 2003 and use my Outlook
database to insert individual addresses when required.

Each label has a left indentation of 1 cm and the cell is centre-aligned in
Table Properties.

When I insert an address, this works fine except that an extra line is
inserted which throws the address up one row and I have to delete this line
for the address to be positioned correctly in the centre of the label.

Is it possible to avoid this extra line, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oe

Thanks Suzanne but I am not doing a mail merge. When I type a letter, I just
want one label for the envelope. As I send letters to individuals quite
often, I use the addresses as I need them from Outlook.

I have set up the correct size label and insert the address onto the next
label on the sheet; I then close the document without saving, ready for the
next time.

Not sure if I've explained that very well!

TIA

ab

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Remove the empty paragraphs from the mail merge main document before
merging.

so
all may benefit.

"oe" wrote in message
I have set up a template for address labels in Word 2003 and use my

Outlook
database to insert individual addresses when required.

Each label has a left indentation of 1 cm and the cell is centre-aligned

in
Table Properties.

When I insert an address, this works fine except that an extra line is
inserted which throws the address up one row and I have to delete this

line
for the address to be positioned correctly in the centre of the label.

Is it possible to avoid this extra line, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In that case, delete the extra paragraphs in your template/document.

"oe" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne but I am not doing a mail merge. When I type a letter, I

just
want one label for the envelope. As I send letters to individuals quite
often, I use the addresses as I need them from Outlook.

I have set up the correct size label and insert the address onto the next
label on the sheet; I then close the document without saving, ready for

the
next time.

Not sure if I've explained that very well!

TIA

ab

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Remove the empty paragraphs from the mail merge main document before
merging.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"oe" wrote in message
I have set up a template for address labels in Word 2003 and use my

Outlook
database to insert individual addresses when required.

Each label has a left indentation of 1 cm and the cell is

centre-aligned
in
Table Properties.

When I insert an address, this works fine except that an extra line is
inserted which throws the address up one row and I have to delete this

line
for the address to be positioned correctly in the centre of the label.

Is it possible to avoid this extra line, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oe

I have been doing that - I just wondered if there is a way to insert the
address without the extra paragraph being inserted.

The template just has a 'paragraph' mark in the centre of the cell - which
is how I want it. I then press "Insert address" from the little book icon
and choose the address I need.

I have checked in Outlook on the 'mailing address' and there is no extra
paragraph at the end of the address.

Perhaps I will just have to delete the extra paragraph every time!

"oe" wrote in message
I have set up a template for address labels in Word 2003 and use my
Outlook
database to insert individual addresses when required.

Each label has a left indentation of 1 cm and the cell is

centre-aligned
in
Table Properties.

When I insert an address, this works fine except that an extra line is
inserted which throws the address up one row and I have to delete this
line
for the address to be positioned correctly in the centre of the label.

Is it possible to avoid this extra line, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The template should not have any paragraph marks at all, only an end of cell
marker (¤) in each cell (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

"oe" wrote in message
I have set up a template for address labels in Word 2003 and use my
Outlook
database to insert individual addresses when required.

Each label has a left indentation of 1 cm and the cell is

centre-aligned
in
Table Properties.

When I insert an address, this works fine except that an extra line

is
inserted which throws the address up one row and I have to delete

this
line
for the address to be positioned correctly in the centre of the

label.

Is it possible to avoid this extra line, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

If you are calling addresses from Outlook Contacts, then copy the following
to a Word document and save it as an autotext entry called AddressLayout
(all one word)

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

See also http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

"oe" wrote in message
Sorry - that's what I meant - end of cell marker!
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The template should not have any paragraph marks at all, only an
end of cell
marker (¤) in each cell (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

newsgroup so