Default trying to use arrow keys to move around in word 2000 form

I have created a form in Word 2000 and I can move from field to field with
the tab key but when I try to use the arrow Keys It will only move down the
fields If I have two field on the same line the arrow key will only allow
you to enter the first field and then goes to the next line. In word xp you
can move in all directions. Can word 2000 be set up to allow the arrow keys
to move in all directions on a form that is locked