Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.general
trvlnmny trvlnmny is offline

Default Yahoo & Word Compatibilityproblem

I am using W XP and Word 2003. I also use Yahoo Mail. When I try to
copy a portion of an email message from my Inbox and Paste it into a
Word document it causes Word to hang. I must then do Ctrl, Alt, Delete
to cancel Word.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Instead of using the normal Paste (Ctrl+C), try to paste the copied content
as _unformatted_ text: Select Edit Paste Special and select "Unformatted
Text" from the list.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"trvlnmny" wrote:

I am using W XP and Word 2003. I also use Yahoo Mail. When I try to
copy a portion of an email message from my Inbox and Paste it into a
Word document it causes Word to hang. I must then do Ctrl, Alt, Delete
to cancel Word.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
trvlnmny trvlnmny is offline

Lene,
Thanks that did it. Do you happen to know why that happens? Is it a
problem with MS Word or with Yahoo?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"trvlnmny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Lene,
Thanks that did it. Do you happen to know why that happens? Is it a
problem with MS Word or with Yahoo?

Please QUOTE the post you are replying to.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.general
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Neither, really - the problem (for the most part) is that the web page you
copy contains links to other locations. When you simply Paste Word tries to
recreate those links but can't because it doesn't have access to those
locations.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac