Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jag Singh Jag Singh is offline

Default How can I create a numbering system without copying pages?

Hi I'm trying to create a document whereby I can implement a system that will
allow me to print pages with numbers on, without having to physically copy
and paste 100 times. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There are a number of ways. The one I favour is to create a list of numbers
in Excel and give it a heading thus

Number
1
2
3
etc

It is simple to do this in Excel - see the relevant section of
http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm - and you can use any number
sequence you wish.

Save the workbook, then use your document as the basis of a form letter mail
merge. Add the merge field to the header/footer where you want it to appear
and merge to the printer or a new document. You will get a numbered copy for
each record in the Excel file.

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

which explain the general procedure.