Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth Nigel Molesworth is offline

Default Word 2007 - locking a printer to a document?

Since I've changed to Word 2007, I don't seem to be able to lock a
specific printer to a document. I'm sure I could do this in Office
2003. I think it works with templates, but that's not what I need.

--
Nigel M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No- this has never been a function of Word.
You could probably switch printers with an autonew and an autoopen macro in
the documents templates, or choose the printer at print time by redirecting
the print output - see http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
Since I've changed to Word 2007, I don't seem to be able to lock a
specific printer to a document. I'm sure I could do this in Office
2003. I think it works with templates, but that's not what I need.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth Nigel Molesworth is offline

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:30:17 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

You could probably switch printers with an autonew and an autoopen macro in
the documents templates

I'm starting to think it was only the tray that was saved...

I do have a bit of code to select printers, see below. Since moving to
Word 2007 I no longer have the option of having this handy, so I've
stopped using it

Sub PrinterLaserJet()
'
' PrinterLaserJet Macro
' ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL 6"

Options.PrintReverse = False
WordBasic.FilePrintSetup "HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL 6",
DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1

End Sub

--
Nigel M