Michelle

Default How do I insert web pictures in a word document?

Well, I've read pretty much all of the emails on this topic, and have tried
virtually every remedy that was named: I've made sure the "picture
placeholder" is unchecked, I've gone to desktop
settings/advanced/troubleshoot and I have tried every level of the Full to
None bar and still cannot copy/paste pics from the internet into a word
document. I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and would really like to
solve this problem quickly. I admit to being virtually completely ignorant
to computer 'lingo', so easy explanations are necessary. PLEASE! Anyone,
help me!

Michelle

Ray Lloyd

....or, even easier...

Right-click the image on the web and click "Copy." Then return to your Word
document and simply Paste it (Ctrl-v), either where the cursor is flashing or
make a text box and paste it in there, when you'll be able to move it around.

It's the simple things in life I admire.
Graham Mayor

But if that had worked Michelle wouldn't have bothered to post in the first
place. The method I suggested brings the image to your own hard drive.
Microsoft's security measures contrive to prevent some of the more simple
solutions to tasks.

Ray Lloyd wrote:
...or, even easier...

Right-click the image on the web and click "Copy." Then return to
your Word document and simply Paste it (Ctrl-v), either where the
cursor is flashing or make a text box and paste it in there, when
you'll be able to move it around.

It's the simple things in life I admire.

lostinspace

Ray Lloyd wrote:
...or, even easier...

Right-click the image on the web and click "Copy." Then return to
your Word document and simply Paste it (Ctrl-v), either where the
cursor is flashing or make a text box and paste it in there, when
you'll be able to move it around.

It's the simple things in life I admire.

Hello Graham,
I did not want to confuse this issue.
I'm some how wondering of the inability to copy and paste is not so much a
Word problem as it is a Internet Explorer problem?

A short while back I stopped using IE and switched to Friefox.
In Firefox the copy and paste function into Word works as it should.

With Internet Explorer, rather, than inserting an image (when using copy and
paste and into Word), a hyperlink is inserted.

Odd to say the least.
Not sure if it's a security setting in IE or some type of conflict between
Word and IE.

Graham Mayor

I suspect that it is a security issue. However pasting from the web includes
a link eg { INCLUDEPICTURE "http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/images/add_ch18.jpg"
\* MERGEFORMATINET }

If the web page is not available the link may not display. You can fix this
by converting the link either by using edit paste special or with
CTRL+SHIFT+F9

Ray Lloyd wrote:
[...]

how do i set up template in vbeditor without proggramming language ARRRGH New Users 4 October 1st 05 03:19 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
I was able to insert pictures into a Word document; however, all . James Microsoft Word Help 1 April 4th 05 06:57 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM