Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mammycatherine mammycatherine is offline

Default How can I get a botton for mathtype on toolbar?

Hi. I have both equation editor and mathtype installed on my computer.
However I can only get a button for equation editor on my toolbar. I've gone
through all the customise toolbar options but it isn't there. Is there anyway
I can make a button from scratch or download one?? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 5-Jan-2007, mammycatherine wrote:

Hi. I have both equation editor and mathtype installed on my
computer. However I can only get a button for equation editor
on my toolbar. I've gone through all the customise toolbar
options but it isn't there. Is there anyway I can make a button
from scratch or download one??

You *should* have the icons installed onto Word automatically
when you install MathType. There could be several reasons why you
don't:

1. If you installed Office after you installed MathType, you
won't get the icons. In some cases, applying a Service Pack or
other update may cause the icons to disappear, but I gather from
your post that you never had them. So, if you did install Office
after you installed MathType, running the MathType setup again
should get the MathType icons and menu.

2. It could be that you're using a version of MathType that's not
fully compatible with your version of Office. MathType 4, for
example, won't install the icons and menu on Office XP or Office
2003. If that's the case, upgrading to the current version of
MathType (version 5.2) should solve the problem.

3. There could be another problem at work here that's difficult
to diagnose over the newsgroup. We have a full-time tech support
department. Please give them a chance to help you solve your
problem. Contact them either by e-mail at or
by telephone at 562-432-2920. Have your MathType registration
number handy.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide