Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rene'

Default Hiding the heading and page number on first page of each chapter?

This is for my dissertation. I am not allowed to have a heading or page
number on the first page of each chapter, but I want this page to be counted.
In other words, I need to keep all of my page numbers for my document but
hide the heading and page numbers (make invisible) that appear on the first
page of each chapter. I don't want chapter two to start with new page
numbers. I want all of the pages and headings to remain the same, but I just
need to make it where you cannot see the heading and page number on the first
page of each chapter. How do you do this?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert section breaks between chapters and use the "Different first page"
setting (Layout tab of Page Setup) to leave the First Page Header/Footer
blank. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for more.

"Rene'" wrote in message
This is for my dissertation. I am not allowed to have a heading or page
number on the first page of each chapter, but I want this page to be

counted.
In other words, I need to keep all of my page numbers for my document but
hide the heading and page numbers (make invisible) that appear on the

first
page of each chapter. I don't want chapter two to start with new page
numbers. I want all of the pages and headings to remain the same, but I

just
need to make it where you cannot see the heading and page number on the

first
page of each chapter. How do you do this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rene''

Default Hiding the heading and page number on first page of each chapt

When I do the section break, it starts the chapter with with its own
numbering instead of starting at page 27, for example. I want the rest of
the document to keep the original numbers, except for the one page at the
beginning of chapter. I just want to erase the heading and page number for
that page only and then continue on with the same numbering as in the
original document.

Rene'

"Rene'" wrote in message
This is for my dissertation. I am not allowed to have a heading or page
number on the first page of each chapter, but I want this page to be

counted.
In other words, I need to keep all of my page numbers for my document but
hide the heading and page numbers (make invisible) that appear on the

first
page of each chapter. I don't want chapter two to start with new page
numbers. I want all of the pages and headings to remain the same, but I

just
need to make it where you cannot see the heading and page number on the

first
page of each chapter. How do you do this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Make sure the numbering is set to "Continue from previous section" in every
section.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert section breaks between chapters and use the "Different first

page"
setting (Layout tab of Page Setup) to leave the First Page Header/Footer
blank. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for more.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Rene'" wrote in message
This is for my dissertation. I am not allowed to have a heading or

page
number on the first page of each chapter, but I want this page to be

counted.
In other words, I need to keep all of my page numbers for my document

but
hide the heading and page numbers (make invisible) that appear on the

first
page of each chapter. I don't want chapter two to start with new page
numbers. I want all of the pages and headings to remain the same, but

just
need to make it where you cannot see the heading and page number on

the
first
page of each chapter. How do you do this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Millie Millie is offline

Hi Suzanne:

I'm posting my resume using this tip to hide first page header & footer but
looks confuse and wrong if you see to print it. Is there any form to avoid
the page header/footer at all?

"Rene'" wrote in message
This is for my dissertation. I am not allowed to have a heading or page
number on the first page of each chapter, but I want this page to be

counted.
In other words, I need to keep all of my page numbers for my document but
hide the heading and page numbers (make invisible) that appear on the

first
page of each chapter. I don't want chapter two to start with new page
numbers. I want all of the pages and headings to remain the same, but I

just
need to make it where you cannot see the heading and page number on the

first
page of each chapter. How do you do this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You don't have to put any content in the header. If you need to omit the
space taken up by the header, you can set the header margin to 0". I'd be
inclined to put "letterhead" type content into the First Page Header of a
résumé, though.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert section breaks between chapters and use the "Different first page"
setting (Layout tab of Page Setup) to leave the First Page Header/Footer
blank. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for more.

so
all may benefit.