mountaingirl

Default The labels do not line up correctly for printing

I am trying to print a mail merge label document. I have done this before
many times and had no problem. I have a new computer with Word 2003/ part of
office Professional edition. I have chosen a standard Avery Label and merged
the doc. It looks good from the print view and then it is spaced incorrectly
in the Print Preview and when I print it. It doesn't allow for the correct
margins that are listed in the setup. It prints too high on the page and the
labels are not the right height.
Doug Robbins

Try printing to plain paper. If the labels are lined up correctly on that,
then it's a problem with the paper feed arrangement of the printer - a
common problem that has nothing to do with Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"mountaingirl" wrote in message
news
I am trying to print a mail merge label document. I have done this before
many times and had no problem. I have a new computer with Word 2003/ part
of
office Professional edition. I have chosen a standard Avery Label and
merged
the doc. It looks good from the print view and then it is spaced
incorrectly
in the Print Preview and when I print it. It doesn't allow for the correct
margins that are listed in the setup. It prints too high on the page and
the
labels are not the right height.

mountaingirl

Thanks but I tried that and they print too high, out of line just like the
print preview shows. The properties are listed correctly but they are not
being utilized, for some reason.