Kenneth

Default Odd merge problem...?

Howdy,

I run Word 2000 with Win 2000 Pro.

I have used Word's mail-merge functionality many times, and
am quite familiar with it.

Typically, I use a pre-defined header file.

Now, for some reason I am having the following problem:

I open a new DOC, click to start the Mail-Merge process.
Define the active window as the formletter, define the data
file and the header file. (Both are valid and display
properly in the window that asks for the delimiters...)

Then, Word tells me that I have no merge fields defined,
but, when I click to insert a field, nothing happens: The
"Insert Merge Field" button does not appear to depress, and
no dropdown appears.

This has happened several times though I have closed, then
re-launched Word.

Might you have any suggestions about this?

Sincere thanks,
--
Kenneth

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Replied to duplicate question in the docmanagement group,
with follow-up to this group.

Cindy Meister