Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Arant Tom Arant is offline

Default Word 2003 Save and Save As do not work for any documents or new on

New install of MS-Office 2003. Excel and PP work fine. Can't save or save
as in Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Arant[_2_] Tom Arant[_2_] is offline

Also, I just installed all the maintenance releases, and have Acrobat 8.0
installed.

"Tom Arant" wrote:

New install of MS-Office 2003. Excel and PP work fine. Can't save or save
as in Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Acrobat add-ins are notorious for creating strange anomalies in Word. At
least start by updating Acrobat to the current version. If that doesn't work
try uninstalling the add-in.

"Tom Arant" wrote:

New install of MS-Office 2003. Excel and PP work fine. Can't save
or save as in Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Arant[_2_] Tom Arant[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 Save and Save As do not work for any documents or ne

Nice try, but I discovered the problem. I installed a portable backup drive
that added E:/ to some registries (Windows error 1327), which were only valid
when the drive was plugged in. I had to go in and fix the Data attribute for
those entries to a valid location, which fixed it.