JohnD

Default Why is the text cut-off at the first line of every second page?

Every second page in my document starts with what appears to be a right
indent, which I would like to remove. However, the indent does not appear on
the ruler at the top of the page. I have created a style for my equations in
which the numbering is justified to the right of the page. The problem arises
if I have an equation at the top of a page for example, the indent (if that
is what it is) covers the number and thus the number cannot be seen.
I would be most grateful for any help on this issue
Stefan Blom

Take a look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...lyIndented.htm and see if
that helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JohnD" wrote:

Every second page in my document starts with what appears to be a right
indent, which I would like to remove. However, the indent does not appear on
the ruler at the top of the page. I have created a style for my equations in
which the numbering is justified to the right of the page. The problem arises
if I have an equation at the top of a page for example, the indent (if that
is what it is) covers the number and thus the number cannot be seen.
I would be most grateful for any help on this issue

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 4 May 2005 01:54:03 -0700, "JohnD"
wrote:

Every second page in my document starts with what appears to be a right
indent, which I would like to remove. However, the indent does not appear on
the ruler at the top of the page. I have created a style for my equations in
which the numbering is justified to the right of the page. The problem arises
if I have an equation at the top of a page for example, the indent (if that
is what it is) covers the number and thus the number cannot be seen.
I would be most grateful for any help on this issue

Hi John,

The "indent" is probably a leftover page-number frame from which the
number itself has been deleted -- see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...lyIndented.htm for
an explanation of how it happened and how to remove it.

In your case, the every-second-page symptom tells me you have
"Different odd and even" headers, and the frame is only in one or the
other.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
JohnD

Thankyou both very much Jay and Stefan,

that has solved the problem. I think during the formating of the header I
must have accidently moved the border of the page number inadvertantly
covering some of the text

Best Regards

john