Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mickeyjay2159 mickeyjay2159 is offline

Default Text formatting in fields in a proteected form

Hi

I have a form which is protected for user fill in and has the spell check
macro (thanks for this) embedded.

Is it possible to enable the formatting of text within the user completed
fields without compromising the integrity of the document by unprotecting it
- I have numerous users who are not sufficiently adept to allow self
un/protection?

Your advice and help much appreciated.
--
mickeyjay
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Not really if the area you want to enable formatting contains Word Form
Fields. You might look into the "Read Only" protection type and instead of
form fields mark those areas you want to enable editing as "Exceptions".
This may or may not work for you depending on how you are currently using
the form fields.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: