GMLutz

Default Frustrating bold/spacing problem

Occasionally (frequently), the spacing is completely eliminated for
those portions of my documents that are bolded. For example, if I bold
the caption of a court document, all of the text on a given line falls
on top of itself -- the phrase "civil lawsuit" will only take up one
space -- all of the letters are squeezed into the one space. When I
make the text unbolded, everything is restored to what it should be,
except that I lose my ability to bold anything!

Very weird, and very frustrating. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

George Lutz

Anne Troy

This is a printer or video driver issue, George. Try reinstalling
either/both.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"GMLutz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Occasionally (frequently), the spacing is completely eliminated for
those portions of my documents that are bolded. For example, if I bold
the caption of a court document, all of the text on a given line falls
on top of itself -- the phrase "civil lawsuit" will only take up one
space -- all of the letters are squeezed into the one space. When I
make the text unbolded, everything is restored to what it should be,
except that I lose my ability to bold anything!

Very weird, and very frustrating. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

George Lutz

CyberTaz

Anne is most likely correct, but before reinstalling any drivers, you might
want to chaeck some settings first (if this is a Display problem, not print).

Right-click the Windows Desktop & select Properties from the popup menu,
then glick the tab labled Settings. Confirm as much as you are able to and go
to the Troubleshoot page and set the Hardware acceleration down a notch or
two. You might also check to see if the mfr has an updated driver or known
issue posted on their website.

Good Luck |:)