miraglo

Default TOC query

Hi

Can someone tell me how I can make a line break in a heading, without the
TOC seeing it as a new paragraph? (I want both lines to show as 1 toc
entry).

thanks
miraglo

Stefan Blom

Type SHIFT+ENTER to insert a line break in a heading. Update the TOC.
By default, the break will display as a space in the TOC.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"miraglo" wrote in message
Hi

Can someone tell me how I can make a line break in a heading,

without the
TOC seeing it as a new paragraph? (I want both lines to show as 1

toc
entry).

thanks
miraglo

miraglo

Thanks Stefan. I am not able to try it yet - I forgot to say I have Word
97SBE - will it be the same?

---
thanks
Miraglo
---

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
| Type SHIFT+ENTER to insert a line break in a heading. Update the TOC.
| By default, the break will display as a space in the TOC.
|
| --
| Stefan Blom
| Microsoft Word MVP
|

| "miraglo" wrote in message
| Hi
|
| Can someone tell me how I can make a line break in a heading,
| without the
| TOC seeing it as a new paragraph? (I want both lines to show as 1
| toc
| entry).
|

| thanks
| miraglo

Yes. And if you want to preserve the line break in the TOC, you need to
include the \x switch in the TOC field (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm)

"miraglo" wrote in message

Thanks Stefan. I am not able to try it yet - I forgot to say I have Word
97SBE - will it be the same?

---
thanks
Miraglo
---

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
| Type SHIFT+ENTER to insert a line break in a heading. Update the TOC.
| By default, the break will display as a space in the TOC.
|
| --
| Stefan Blom
| Microsoft Word MVP
|

| "miraglo" wrote in message
| Hi
|
| Can someone tell me how I can make a line break in a heading,
| without the
| TOC seeing it as a new paragraph? (I want both lines to show as 1
| toc
| entry).
|

| thanks
| miraglo

miraglo

That's very useful - many thanks Suzanne.

---
miraglo
---

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
| Yes. And if you want to preserve the line break in the TOC, you need to
| include the \x switch in the TOC field (see
| http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm)
|
| --
| Suzanne S. Barnhill
| Microsoft MVP (Word)
| Words into Type
| Fairhope, Alabama USA
| Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
| Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
| all may benefit.
|
| "miraglo" wrote in message
|
| Thanks Stefan. I am not able to try it yet - I forgot to say I have Word
| 97SBE - will it be the same?
|
| ---
| thanks
| Miraglo
| ---
|

| "Stefan Blom" wrote in message
| | Type SHIFT+ENTER to insert a line break in a heading. Update the TOC.
| | By default, the break will display as a space in the TOC.
| |
| | --
| | Stefan Blom
| | Microsoft Word MVP
| |
| |
| | "miraglo" wrote in message
| | Hi
| |
| | Can someone tell me how I can make a line break in a heading,
| | without the
| | TOC seeing it as a new paragraph? (I want both lines to show as 1
| | toc
| | entry).
| |
| |