Cynthia

Default text boxes: tabbing and tables

I'm trying to create a page with different sections of information that
require the user to enter information. I have each section in a text box, and
have formatted the text for each section in a table.

I finally figured out how to link the text boxes. Is it possible, once
someone enters info in one field, to tab to the next? Even if that field is
in a different text box or different table?

So far, with just the text boxes linked, tabbing from one to the next
doesn't allow you to tab to the field in the table; tabbing just brings you
to the beginning of the text box - not into the table at all.

Cynthia

The info from Dian Chapman was helpful. I was able to create a form and code
jumping from one check box to the next. It was a crash couse in VBE for sure.
Thakn you for the pointer to Dian's articles and tutorials.

However, Dian's tutorials don't include moving from one text form field to
another.

What I'm creating are forms with different sections next to each other. Each
section has it's own type of information. I've learned that you can't use
text boxes to position two tables next to each other and still use form
fields. So that much I now know.

But I still can't create a jump from a text form field. Anyone else have
any suggestions?

"Cynthia" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a page with different sections of information that
require the user to enter information. I have each section in a text box,

and
have formatted the text for each section in a table.

I finally figured out how to link the text boxes. Is it possible, once
someone enters info in one field, to tab to the next? Even if that field

is
in a different text box or different table?

So far, with just the text boxes linked, tabbing from one to the next
doesn't allow you to tab to the field in the table; tabbing just brings

you
to the beginning of the text box - not into the table at all.

Jay Freedman

Hi Cynthia,

If you want two sections in tables next to each other, probably the
best way is to fake it: Make just one big table with more columns, and
turn off the borders of one column of cells so it *appears* to be two
tables. Then you can use macro code to control how the tab key moves
between form fields of any kind, as described he
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...etTabOrder.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman