Another Frustrated Microsoft Customer

Default Made a default for "Paragraph" "Keep with next" settings.

How do I keep my Format/Paragraph settings? For example: "keep with next" as
a default so the format doesn't keep changing to "Orphans" and the zero space
between words doesn't keep changing?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Graham Mayor

Word formats the text using styles. You create the styles to apply the
formatting you wish. Every unique paragraph type should have its own style.
The keep with next attribute if applied to all paragraphs would cause Word
to attempt to put all the paragraphs on the same page, which is clearly
impossible. It is normally used with (eg) heading styles to keep headings
with the first paragraph of the associated body text.

Another Frustrated Microsoft Customer wrote:
How do I keep my Format/Paragraph settings? For example: "keep with
next" as a default so the format doesn't keep changing to "Orphans"
and the zero space between words doesn't keep changing?

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Stefan Blom

Styles is the way to store paragraph formatting, as indicated in
previous replies. To learn about styles, see the following articles:

Tips for understanding Microsoft Word styles
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html

How to apply a style in Microsoft Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ApplyAStyle.html

How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Another Frustrated Microsoft Customer" wrote in message
How do I keep my Format/Paragraph settings? For example: "keep with

next" as
a default so the format doesn't keep changing to "Orphans" and the

zero space
between words doesn't keep changing?

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the