Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default set a list default bullet position to left margin

Bulleted lists default to being indented 0.25". I usually need bullets
aligned with the left margin. How can this be set so I don't have to adjust
bullet position every time I start a new list.

I know how to do this in 2003, but can't find it in 207. The online tutorial
on lists says it can be done (covered "later" in the tutorial, which I
couldn't find quickly and didn't have time sit through the entire 20-30
minute lesson).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a bulleted list paragraph style configured to your needs.
The pre defined List Bullet style will probably do what you want without
much modification. Set the styles list (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S) to display all
styles (Options from the ensuing dialog)

Carol wrote:
Bulleted lists default to being indented 0.25". I usually need bullets
aligned with the left margin. How can this be set so I don't have to
adjust bullet position every time I start a new list.

I know how to do this in 2003, but can't find it in 207. The online
tutorial on lists says it can be done (covered "later" in the
tutorial, which I couldn't find quickly and didn't have time sit
through the entire 20-30 minute lesson).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And note that the List Bullet style can be applied using Ctrl+Shift+L, which
is actually faster than reaching for the Bullets button if your hands are
already on the keyboard.