Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mmh78 mmh78 is offline

Default deleting irrelevant sections of a form

I am creating a form in which there are sections which may be completely
irrelevant to some users of the form. I'm trying to find a way that the user
can delete lines in the form which are not applicable. Is there a way to do
this, other than just training everyone to unlock the form, delete what they
don't need, and re-lock?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is there a way you can create different forms, depending on what should
be filled out? If not, that is, if the needs vary (in a way that cannot
be predicted) between users, I'd just leave things the way they are.

I definitely wouldn't allow users to unprotect and modify the form,
since this defeats the purpose of using a protected document in the
first place.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mmh78" wrote in message
news
I am creating a form in which there are sections which may be

completely
irrelevant to some users of the form. I'm trying to find a way that

the user
can delete lines in the form which are not applicable. Is there a way

to do
this, other than just training everyone to unlock the form, delete

what they
don't need, and re-lock?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mmh78 mmh78 is offline

There really isn't a way to create different forms because each client has
individual needs and goals. It is in the goals section that I want users to
delete unnecessary goals. Is there a way to lock most of the form, but leave
that section unprotected?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is there a way you can create different forms, depending on what should
be filled out? If not, that is, if the needs vary (in a way that cannot
be predicted) between users, I'd just leave things the way they are.

I definitely wouldn't allow users to unprotect and modify the form,
since this defeats the purpose of using a protected document in the
first place.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mmh78" wrote in message
news
I am creating a form in which there are sections which may be

completely
irrelevant to some users of the form. I'm trying to find a way that

the user
can delete lines in the form which are not applicable. Is there a way

to do
this, other than just training everyone to unlock the form, delete

what they
don't need, and re-lock?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Now that's the simple solution--which I obviously didn't think of. g

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Of course. Insert section breaks and then protect only the sections
containing form fields.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is there a way you can create different forms, depending on what

should
be filled out? If not, that is, if the needs vary (in a way that

cannot
be predicted) between users, I'd just leave things the way they

are.

I definitely wouldn't allow users to unprotect and modify the

form,
since this defeats the purpose of using a protected document in

the
first place.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news I am creating a form in which there are sections which may be