Frank Drost

Default Updating a table of contents

On 30/6 I asked how to update a table of figures. That was correctly answered
by garfield-n-odie (thanks again).
I now have a question relating to updating a table of contents, and I
thought I could do it virtually exactly the same way as updating the table of
figures. I went into Format | Styles and Formatting | Show: Custom | OK, but
could not find a listing for table of contents (where as there is a listing
for a table of figures).

What I need to do is that in my table of contents, the main chapters are
printed in bold, and consequently their pagenumbers are in bold as well. But
I don't want those page numbers bold. I want all pagenumbers in the table of
contents to be normal. So, how can I have bold text for the titles of my
chapters, but normal text for the page numbers in the table of contents.

Anyone?

Thanks.

What you are asking for is not an unreasonable request (and indeed this
feature has been requested by others), but it is not possible in current
versions of Word except by direct formatting, which can be permanently
applied only if you unlink the TOC (because the bold numbers will be
restored every time you update the TOC).