Kerry Purdy

Default Autotext Footer with Top Border

Hi

I have created an autotext entries for a variety of footers. A few of the
footers have a top border. The problem I have is the carriage return in
these autotext entries then throws out the formatting of my footers.

I cannot add just a top border to text so have to apply it as paragraph but
then as part of the autotext entry I have to highlight the entire
line/paragraph to ensure the border is included in the entry and it includes
the carriage return.

Does anyone has any ideas plase?

Many Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Insert the AutoText entry (including
the paragraph mark) and then just delete the resulting empty paragraph. I
have to do this whenever I paste anything into a header/footer, anyway; no
matter how carefully you select just the text without the paragraph mark
when copying and include the paragraph mark when pasting, you still always
get an extra paragraph.

Alternatively, in the template that uses the given footer, add the border to
the Footer paragraph style.

"Kerry Purdy" wrote in message
Hi

I have created an autotext entries for a variety of footers. A few of the
footers have a top border. The problem I have is the carriage return in
these autotext entries then throws out the formatting of my footers.

I cannot add just a top border to text so have to apply it as paragraph

but
then as part of the autotext entry I have to highlight the entire
line/paragraph to ensure the border is included in the entry and it

includes
the carriage return.

Does anyone has any ideas plase?

Many Thanks

header footer autotext stup88 Microsoft Word Help 4 August 23rd 05 04:38 PM
Header and Footer Border PA New Users 6 June 11th 05 03:06 PM
Insert autotext doesn't work in header and footer Richard Microsoft Word Help 1 March 30th 05 06:39 PM
Change Footer on pg 2 to be different then the footer on pg 1 Ted Microsoft Word Help 5 January 19th 05 05:45 PM
Autotext in footer pinkytoes Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 09:09 AM