Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default 2007 and 2000 on one machine?

I am considering purchasing 2007 Office Enterprise Home Use through the MS
Home Use Program (my company has the offer available for its employees) and
my question relates to having both 2000 and 2007 on the same PC (with XP)
what problems could I expect to experience or all should be OK?
Many thanks
DeanH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dean,

You can only have one version of Outlook in play and if you keep Outlook 2000 it won't be able to use Word as the email editor.
Here is the MS basics list on running multiple versions
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us?FR=1
The NoReReg registry entries mentioned can be helpful if you're going to be switching Word (for example) back and forth between Word
2007 and an earlier version.

When installing Office 2007, use the custom installation choice and set to 'Not available' any of the programs you may not be using
such as Groove and Infopath.

==============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Spot on, many thanks for this link.
As we have never used Outlook (don't think it is even installed!) on this
machine, I don't think we should have any problems on that score.
Best regards
DeanH