Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Centaur8

Default How do I turn off paragraph markings?

Somehoww I turned on some very annoying paragraph and space markings in Word
(Office 2K) and cannot figure out how to turn them off. Any suggestions??

These don't show up in print, just on the screen, and make it very difficult
to read and proof-read on-screen.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Donald Jacobs

Look on the standard tool bar for the show/hide button. It is probably
enabled. Click on in and the paragraph and space marking will go away.
Don Jacobs

Centaur8 wrote:
Somehoww I turned on some very annoying paragraph and space markings in Word
(Office 2K) and cannot figure out how to turn them off. Any suggestions??

These don't show up in print, just on the screen, and make it very difficult
to read and proof-read on-screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Click the button with ¶ on it. Or, from the Tools menu, select Options and
then go to the View tab and uncheck the boxes for the various items there
that you do not want to appear.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.