Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline

Default macro to transpose characters

I would like a Word macro that will transpose characters in a word. I know
that AutoCorrect does this if the word is listed in AutoCorrect. But I need
it for words not listed there. I am schu a bda typsit that I coul dnot lits
all the wrdos thta I wnta toc orrect.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I doubt that it is possible to write a macro that could correct "I am schu a
bda typsit that I coul dnot lits
all the wrdos thta I wnta toc orrect."

Transposition of two adjacent characters that are selected can be done with

Selection.Text = Right(Selection.Text, 1) & Left(Selection.Text, 1)

Probably better for you to spend your time learning how to type properly
than spend it correcting your mistakes. Even with a macro, that is going to
take time.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
I would like a Word macro that will transpose characters in a word. I know
that AutoCorrect does this if the word is listed in AutoCorrect. But I
need
it for words not listed there. I am schu a bda typsit that I coul dnot
lits
all the wrdos thta I wnta toc orrect.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline

Thanks for your response, Doug. That was a feeble attempt at some humour. I
am not really THAT bad. I recently came over from WP5.1 and there I had a
macro such as I described (because of course there I did not have
AutoCorrect).
I will try to make one as you describe.
"Elizabeth" wrote:

I would like a Word macro that will transpose characters in a word. I know
that AutoCorrect does this if the word is listed in AutoCorrect. But I need
it for words not listed there. I am schu a bda typsit that I coul dnot lits
all the wrdos thta I wnta toc orrect.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When I'm tired, my typing becomes almost as bad as what you describe. Over
the years, however, I've slowly but surely added just about every one to the
AutoCorrect list. In case you haven't discovered how easy this is... once
"bda" is underscored as wrong, right-click it and choose AutoCorrect - Bad.
Presto. It's there. If it ever "fixes" something that wasn't broken, just
press Ctrl+Z and keep on typing.

For my money, that's easier than running a transposition macro, and after a
few weeks, you'll have most of the bases covered.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com