Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dancenshout2002 dancenshout2002 is offline

Default shortcut key to transpose

how to set up shortcut key to transpose two letters of a word...
i am forever correcting words like jsut and hte...and want
a shortcut key....remember back in the day when Wordpro and
other processors had the 'ctrl'+'t' as a transpose subroutine????
I need it again, and have not had any luck tracking it down....
and when will we get one that inserts a space...behind the cursor????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Any reason why you aren't using "check spelling as you type" under spelling
tab in options? This would fix it automatically. As to inserting a space, if
your familiarl with macros you can create one to do the job.
If you don't like Words auto correct, you can create your custom entries
(tools, autocorrect)
Cheers
steve

"dancenshout2002" wrote:

how to set up shortcut key to transpose two letters of a word...
i am forever correcting words like jsut and hte...and want
a shortcut key....remember back in the day when Wordpro and
other processors had the 'ctrl'+'t' as a transpose subroutine????
I need it again, and have not had any luck tracking it down....
and when will we get one that inserts a space...behind the cursor????

What is the shortcut for 1/3? Nikki[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 4 February 19th 07 06:16 AM
shortcut MoJR Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 06 12:20 AM
shortcut MoJR Microsoft Word Help 6 November 23rd 06 03:16 PM
macro to transpose characters Elizabeth Microsoft Word Help 3 September 24th 06 02:13 PM
Can I Transpose a Word table? Ed Tables 1 January 26th 06 02:33 PM