Thomas M

Default Hyperlink Font Size Changes when Clicked

Word 2000

A user just forwarded me a copy of a Word document that contains some
hyperlinks. When a hyperlink is clicked, the font size changes. Can
someone tell me why this would happen?

--Tom

Jay Freedman

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:08:25 -0600, "Thomas M"
wrote:

Word 2000

A user just forwarded me a copy of a Word document that contains some
hyperlinks. When a hyperlink is clicked, the font size changes. Can
someone tell me why this would happen?

--Tom

An unused hyperlink is formatted with the character style Hyperlink on
top of whatever the paragraph style is. When you click it, Word
applies the FollowedHyperlink style instead. In the document you have,
evidently the two styles have different font sizes. Use the Format
Style dialog to modify one or the other to match.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Thomas M

Jay,

I checked the FollowedHyperlink style, and it's based on the default style
for the paragraph, which is a larger font size than the hyperlink. So,
basically, you were correct.

Thanks for the information.

--Tom