Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
F A L

Default Space between footnote separator and main text

Can I (rather than MS Word) decide how much space I want between the footnote
separator and the last line of the main text? I have modified the format of
the separator, and that did reduce the space beteen the footnote area and the
main text; I have also fixed for the whole document the page settings; the
text alignment is "top" thoughout. And yet (1) Word leaves too much space
between the main text and the footnote separator and (2) the last footnote's
last line is not always at the bottom of the page. I gather this is a
consequence of the "top" aligment of the document, and this is the reason why
i want to know whether the space between the footnotes and the main text can
be modified, so to force the last footnote's last line of every page to
appear at least close to the bootm of it.