Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Annette Annette is offline

Default How to keep lower case letters in all word documents

Hello. My company just changed its name to tw telecom - there are no caps,
the name is just like that, all lower case. I was wondering if there was an
easy way to set this up in word so that it does not autocorrect and
capitalize everytime I type it. I can get it to fix, but my goal is to not
have to fix this everytime I open a new word document. Is there a way to
correct this in a way that it is sort of a "master" change that will affect
all word documents created automatically?

Thank you very much for this forum, I didn't know where else to ask this
question!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I suspect I would type tw telecom using a non breaking space, select it and
save it as a formatted autocorrect entry using #tw as a trigger. That would
certainly enter it as typed whilst following the style of the paragraph into
which it was inserted.

Annette wrote:
Hello. My company just changed its name to tw telecom - there are no
caps, the name is just like that, all lower case. I was wondering if
there was an easy way to set this up in word so that it does not
autocorrect and capitalize everytime I type it. I can get it to fix,
but my goal is to not have to fix this everytime I open a new word
document. Is there a way to correct this in a way that it is sort of
a "master" change that will affect all word documents created
automatically?

Thank you very much for this forum, I didn't know where else to ask
this question!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

In addition to Graham's solution, you'll probably also want to set your
Autocorrect Options so that Word does not automatically capitalize the first
letter of a sentence. That option could override the original capitalization,
particularly if you went back to do something to or adjacent to the name
(change font or font characteristics, add a space, etc.).

Good luck with it.

Fred

"Annette" wrote:

Hello. My company just changed its name to tw telecom - there are no caps,
the name is just like that, all lower case. I was wondering if there was an
easy way to set this up in word so that it does not autocorrect and
capitalize everytime I type it. I can get it to fix, but my goal is to not
have to fix this everytime I open a new word document. Is there a way to
correct this in a way that it is sort of a "master" change that will affect
all word documents created automatically?

Thank you very much for this forum, I didn't know where else to ask this
question!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

As Graham suggested, when you begin your Replace word with a
punctuation mark, such as a semicolon or pound sign, you will not have
to turn off the option to cap the first word in a sentence. The
punctuation mark blocks Word from changing the first letter in the
entry.

Cheryl

On Jul 1, 8:29*am, Idaho Word Man
wrote:
In addition to Graham's solution, you'll probably also want to set your
Autocorrect Options so that Word does not automatically capitalize the first
letter of a sentence. That option could override the original capitalization,
particularly if you went back to do something to or adjacent to the name
(change font or font characteristics, add a space, etc.).

Good luck with it.

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
migdaw1 migdaw1 is offline

The easier method for me would be to make an Autocorrect which I would name
"tww" that expanded to "tw telecom" because my finger is already there for
the second "w". If you never have need to write tw by itself, you could
even name the short form "tw" instead of "tww".

Naming the short form "#tw", one has to use the shift key in addition to
reaching for # -- that's three strokes instead of two -- I am a medical
transcriptionist and I use HUNDRED of short forms. Thanks be to whomever
invented Autocorrect. Sometimes I double the final letter of my short form
as above, or sometimes I start it with an "x" You can name them anything,
the abbreviation doesn't have to make sense to anyone except the one who
created it (and can remember it!)

"Annette" wrote:

Hello. My company just changed its name to tw telecom - there are no caps,
the name is just like that, all lower case. I was wondering if there was an
easy way to set this up in word so that it does not autocorrect and
capitalize everytime I type it. I can get it to fix, but my goal is to not
have to fix this everytime I open a new word document. Is there a way to
correct this in a way that it is sort of a "master" change that will affect
all word documents created automatically?

Thank you very much for this forum, I didn't know where else to ask this
question!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

The reason for using a semicolon in front of the Replace word is to
keep Word from capping the first letter should the company name be the
first words in a sentence. A semicolon and the "t" (or any other
letter you choose) would also work for the Replace word. The
semicolon keeps your fingers on the home row key as well, which makes
for a much quicker shortcut. Also, since the company name is two
words, you would want to be assured that the complete name always
appears together on the same line, thus the need for the Ctrl +
Spacebar shortcut in the formatted entry. Striking 2 or 3 keys still
saves you 8-9 keystrokes.

Cheryl