Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HevJ HevJ is offline

Default Mailmerge Labels

My lables only merge the top 3 and last 2 of every sheet, why do I have 19
missing labels with only «Next Record» in each. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It's probably because you have a Tablet PC or Vista/Windows 7 on a PC
with "Tablet" functionality. The following link may help:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

Peter Jamieson

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/shop/...?productid=166

On 31/05/2010 23:04, HevJ wrote:
My lables only merge the top 3 and last 2 of every sheet, why do I have 19
missing labels with only «Next Record» in each. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

On 1/06/2010 8:04 AM, HevJ wrote:
My lables only merge the top 3 and last 2 of every sheet, why do I have 19
missing labels with only «Next Record» in each. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING

Macro to overcome the problem with propagation of mail merge field
fields with a label type mail merge when using a Tablet PC and some
other Computers that have Tablet PC Functionality available:
Sub MailMergePropagateLabel()
Dim atable As Table
Dim i As Long, j As Long
Dim source As Cell, target As Cell
Dim myrange As Range
Set atable = ActiveDocument.Tables(1)
Set source = atable.Cell(1, 1)
Set myrange = source.Range
myrange.Collapse wdCollapseStart
ActiveDocument.Fields.Add Range:=myrange, Text:="NEXT", _
PreserveFormatting:=False
source.Range.Copy
For j = 2 To atable.Columns.Count
Set target = atable.Cell(1, j)
If target.Range.Fields.Count 0 Then
target.Range.Paste
End If
Next j
For i = 2 To atable.Rows.Count
For j = 1 To atable.Columns.Count
Set target = atable.Cell(i, j)
If target.Range.Fields.Count 0 Then
target.Range.Paste
End If
Next j
Next i
atable.Cell(1, 1).Range.Fields(1).Delete
End Sub

It is suggested that you put this code into a template that you save in
the Word Startup folder so that it becomes an add-in and will be
available whenever you need it. As the macro has the same name as the
Word Command that is supposed to do the job, this macro will run when
the Update Labels button is used when setting up the mail merge label
main document.

--
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

mailmerge labels x2 Rogerburdon Mailmerge 3 November 21st 08 07:50 AM
Labels from a mailmerge Reen Mailmerge 1 October 8th 08 08:48 PM
Labels Not As Mailmerge Jay Mailmerge 1 September 25th 08 09:07 PM
Mailmerge Labels Kristina[_2_] Mailmerge 1 June 12th 08 08:22 PM
Mailmerge labels from Outlook David M Wicker Mailmerge 4 December 18th 05 12:24 AM