Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
delzoup delzoup is offline

Default AAA Format Bibliography

Reading the notes on custom biblographies, it seems like it is very hard to
select a style that is not included. AAA is very similar to Chicago, with a
few minor changes. Do I need to convert to text every time to fix these
details? Will Microsoft offer a AAA style option?

http://www.aaanet.org/publications/guidelines.cfm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Hello,

Seeing that Microsoft hasn't released a new bibliography style since the
original 10 where introduced 3 years ago, it is very doubtful that more will
be released. And even if they are, it seems logical for them to first
"serve" the big associations such AMA, ASA, MHRA, ...

If you know some xslt, you could try to adapt the Chicago style yourself to
fit your needs rather than start from scratch. If so, try to get hold of a
copy of the style from Word 2008 (Mac) rather than Word 2007 (Windows) as
the former one contains at least some documentation. It's still going to be
a lot of work, but it will be a lot easier.

If you don't want to do that, it is best to wait till you entered all
reference and your bibliography into your text. Then, convert them all to
static text (click on the arrow which appears on top of each of them as you
go over them) and adjust them to your needs. That way, they can't get
updated anymore and you won't loose your manual editing.

Yves
--
http://bibword.codeplex.com

news