Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bill bill is offline

Default Using Different Headers in a Section.

Hi,
I am preparing a word doc that consists of three sections. I have assigned
different numbering styles to each separate section. I want to place headers
in section 2 and the headers will be different for each page of the section.
Is there anyway of doing this without having to make a section for each page??

I have used webcasts on Youtube to get me to this point but cannot get any
further. Can you help me?

Thank you in advance,

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The answer depends on how you want the header on each page to differ
from the others in the section.

If the header needs to repeat some piece of text that occurs on that
page, use a StyleRef field in the header to repeat whatever text is
formatted in a particular style. Look up StyleRef Field in the help
file.

If the varying text in the header is a number or date that can be
calculated from the page number, you can use a Formula field that uses
a Page field as part of the formula.

That's about the extent of your options. Anything else is going to
require a section break for each page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman