Vega10 Vega10 is offline
Junior Member

Red face E-Mail Merge to Multiple Recipients

I could use some help. I am trying to complete a mail merge via email and I would like to send the email to more than one person. For instance I am sending an email to the employee but I want to include the manager on the same email message. Is this possible? If so, how can I do this?

I have tried to manipulate my data source to list multiple email addresses in one cell, when I attempt to do the merge I get the cannot find email address prompt.

Thank you,
Erica
Ursul Ursul is offline
Junior Member

If you're trying to send an email to multiple email addresses, why not just open up Outlook, select New Email, put whoever in the 'To..' area - NOTE the name that goes here - their address and details will be seen by all, so I suggest if you want to send out a large number of the same email, then put your own email address/name in the 'To...' area and use 'Bcc...' (Blind copy) to send the email to the multitude of recipients. To find the Bcc..., click on Cc... and your list of Contacts will open then select your contacts one by one but make sure they go into Bcc - that way the recipients do not see each others details.

I once got an email from a Consulate which was sent to everyone of mycitizenship living in that particular country. The email was about 'Personal Security" as a foreigner in a foreign country .... And yet because they didn't use Bcc I had everyone's email address in front of me and they had mine .... so much for personal security!!! I wrote a not too polite email to the Consulate who still repeated their error a week later!!!!

Cheers